I'm a foreign visitor. Friday evening when I needed a taxi from Takashimaya, I thought I would try to call the taxi company in order to get one quickly. And this has led to some bizarre experiences.
1. When the call center heard my request, they told me to hold the line, this lasted very long and eventually it was cut and I failed to book.
- It looks to me I have to keep on the phone call until a taxi comes (not sure whether this is because I don't have a local phone number but an international one.)
2. I called Comfort taxi again for booking, and like the first time, the call lasted so long and at last I failed to book - what a frustrating experience.
3. At that moment a cab belonging to Comfort taxi came. I went over to ask the driver, and he told me he was called by somebody but this person hasn't show up. Then he said if I'm willing to pay the 3.3$ booking fee, I can take the cab.
- from my point of view, I haven't booked, why should the booking fee be transferred to me. Maybe this is common sense in Singapore, but unreasonable seen from a foreigner's eyes.
4. Sine I expressed my doubt against it, the taxi driver thought he's got a bad deal, and kept on asking me to get off the cab, and he even said he'll send me back to Takashimaya if I don't agree to pay the booking fee.
Should I not mind the 3.3$ extra and pay it straight forward to avoid the unpleasant atmosphere? In a certain sense why not. But sincerely I think Comfort taxi needs to improve. Possibly taxi companies in SGP are in a seller's market that my opinion may be considered funny. Nethertheless, let me express it.
5/17/2013 12:09:20 PM